Here at Monterey, we are as big a fan of dogs as we are of cinema. With this in mind, we thought why not join the two. Well-behaved dogs and their friendly owners will be welcome at this special Dog-Friendly Screening.
It's a great way for dog owners to enjoy cinema without having to leave their best friend at home and to meet fellow dog-owning film fans.
And we've got the perfect film! 23 WALKS is the new heart-warming British comedy drama that follows the blossoming romance between a pair of dog owners, who meet walking their dogs in a North London park.
Starring Dave Johns (I, DANIEL BLAKE), Alison Steadman (LIFE IS SWEET) and two scene-stealing pooches – this film will send tails wagging across the country.
All ticket holders will need to bring their own blanket to cover your dog’s seat or to use as a rug if they sit on the floor. You do not need to purchase a ticket for your dog. Bowls of water will be provided around the screen, and during the film we will leave lighting levels a little higher than usual and lower the volume as we know they have superhero hearing powers. After the event, the screen is thoroughly cleaned making sure those furry cinephiles leave no trace behind.
DOG-FRIENDLY SCREENINGS POLICY
This policy concerns pet dogs; it does not apply to assistance dogs.
• At selected screenings, which will be clearly advertised as such, Monterey permits dog owners to bring their dogs with them into the screens (one dog per adult).
• It is essential that this policy does not affect the enjoyment of other customers or create hazards for them, our staff or our premises.
• Should a dog become unruly or adversely affect the enjoyment of others, the Manager needs to intervene and, if necessary, request that the owner and the dog leave the premises. No refund will be offered.
• Dog owners are expected to adhere to the cinema rules and these should be brought to their attention.
• If there are persistent and unresolved problems, Dog-friendly Screenings will be suspended at the Manager's discretion.
• To ensure that customers who may not wish to watch a film when dogs are present are fully aware of which screening they are booking, all Dog-friendly Screenings must be clearly advertised as such, both in advance and again when customers are purchasing tickets at the box office.
• To protect the furniture, all owners must bring a fleece blanket to cover the seat used by the dog or to use as a rug if the dog sits on the floor.
• The screen must be fully cleaned after a dog-screening to remove dog hairs etc. which may affect subsequent customers.
• During the screenings, the cinema will provide bowls of water around the screen. Dogs should not be fed in the screen, though owners may provide small treats.
• The control measures as detailed in the Dog-Friendly Screenings risk assessment must be in place.
• If any of the controls are not in place, the screenings cannot be offered until such time as they are.
• If a dog fouls inside the premises, the procedure for 'cleaning up bodily fluids' is to be implemented; the owner can be encouraged to assist.
• While dogs are welcomed into the screens, they are not allowed in the bar or dining areas or any back-of-house areas
• Dogs must be safely secured on a leash while entering and exiting the premises.
• Please only bring your dog if it is fully up to date with vaccinations.